Saturday, January 3, 2009

Divorce

My beloved headbutt and I, from the second we glanced at each other, we knew we were made to divorce one from another. We did not have the same neuron type: incompatible in case of a transfusion. She was zero++ and I was a grouper, but also ++. Inevitably, we experienced a lightning jolt short-circuit. Now it's done, and I have come to understand that it isn't useful to put off to today what can be done yesterday. But careful, because one must be creative when one divorces beforehand, there are no common goods, and one must absolutely find common goods for it to nonetheless be a real divorce, for the sake of argument, else the whole thing is null and void. So I had to think it over for a while. Beloved headbutt had forgotten her flip-flops at my place so I told her: "if ever you come back, I shall dump your flip-flops in the dustbin. She answered: "Ooooh, you jackass, that's blackmail!" I added: "maybe, but it will be your flip-flops or me". She retorted: "I don't give a hoot, but anyways you forgot yours at my place and I already put them in the dustbin". All that was left for me to do was to set forward my responsive conclusions: "All right, then I will never come over to your place again, it's pointless." So there, I won the divorce case by knockout and I managed to impose the amicable judgement to her expense. But, hey, one must not imagine it is a piece of cake either. It took me a year to carry out my plan, which is a long while but not much compared to many other cases. The others are blockheads, they get married then they are convinced that they will see how it pans out along the way. And in fact they know very well what will pan out: they will have to divorce sooner or later and they will be at a loss because they have not planned ahead, instead of divorcing immediately, whereupon one is assured of tranquillity. I have a friend who has been divorcing for five years. He pays judges, clerks, and what have you, and even they can't do anything for him. The other day he came over and asked if I had a stopper for his carafe. And I told him that I did, but since I also have the carafe, I keep the stopper. He explained, the blockhead, that he only has the carafe because his wife kept the stopper. As plain as a nose on a face! It is only now that he understands that he should have divorced before getting married, when everything belonged to him. It's really none of my business, but it's a shame one has to explain these things only when it's too late!


5 comments:

  1. One of the best ways to cope with the emotional tragedy of a broke marriage is to keep the humor. This is a lovely piece and everyone who feels miserable after going through a divorce must take solace from it. I'm glad I discovered this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment HM. I enjoy your stories too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife and I almost broke up our marriage last year. Things are quite different when you are just going steady as to when you are together 7 days a week. You tend to get on each others nerve. We are currently patching things up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to hear this Marcuss. If you arent short circuiting, nothing is lost! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the hanging man. I'm sure the worse it would have gotten, the funnier it would have been. Nice :)

    ReplyDelete